For traditional farmers, hobby farmers, homeowners, and businesses, Badgerland Financial FLCA offers a broad array of competitively priced financial products and services tailored specifically for rural Wisconsin. However, the most valuable offering from Badgerland is their knowledgeable people with values rooted in rural life such as integrity, a strong work ethic, simplicity, and love of the land.
Projected future growth at Badgerland necessitated a move into a new, larger facility. The number one priority was to build a corporate headquarters that would reflect their company values. Furthermore, our objective was to not only accommodate projected growth, but further empower employees to perform at their professional best. Being a member owned company meant the new headquarters had to reflect the mission of its owners.
Other goals for the project included:
- Maximizing views to the outdoors, taking advantage of the site’s adjacency to the Wisconsin River.
- Creating a building that reinforced the connection to the outdoors.
- Utilizing natural materials and earth tones to reflect the surrounding landscape.
- Improving operational efficiencies and proper recognition of operational adjacencies.
- Creating adequate meeting and training space to enhance employee knowledge and customer collaboration.
- Creating a data center that would support the entire company’s networking requirements.
- Providing appropriate infrastructure to accommodate changing technological requirements.
This two-story building, used primarily for office space, is 25,000 SF in size comprised of two rectangular sections and set at angles to one another. The sections are connected by a glass atrium serving as the welcome entryway and lobby. The design will allow a view of the natural setting and Wisconsin River three seasons of the year, enhancing users’ interaction with the outdoors.
The main sections of the building are made of stone and burnt-orange cement board. High-quality metal panels in a warm color provide accents near the roof and windows. A feature of the space is the patio in the rear of the building which provides further easy access to the outdoors.
Overall, the project included development of a 4.6-acre site. In total, the facility houses a branch bank, corporate offices, a tier III data center, on-site storage, and meeting/training facilities that support the entire company including branch locations throughout southern and central Wisconsin.